- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegan yogurt
- coconut oil as needed
- 1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Warm up a skillet or waffle iron on medium heat. Add a dab of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Use 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake/waffle and apply to skillet or iron.
- Cook until lightly golden on each side. If you find your pancakes are still raw inside, that's an indicator to turn your heat down and cook longer instead.
- If cooking in a waffle iron, pour into the center and wait a few seconds before closing lid. If the batter does not pour in like a liquid, gradually add small quantities of water until it does.
*For best results, omit the apple cider vinegar while mixing. I prefer to add this to a smaller cup that contains just the single pancake or waffle I'm about to make and stir in the same quantity of vinegar to just that cup. This allows each pancake/waffle to react with the baking soda individually.