- 1 bunch of collard greens (about 10 large leaves)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 package of ground Beyond Meat (crumbled)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter (Earth Balance)
Prepare your ingredients ahead of cooking and place these in separate bowls:
- Reserve your spices in a bowl
- Juice the halved lemon
- Dice onion, mince garlic
- Wash the collard greens and remove the large stems. Chop or shred the greens to your desired size (dime size or smaller).
- Dice tomatoes (with or without the skin, based on your preference)
- Sautee diced onion, minced garlic and butter for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add tomatoes, coriander, paprika, salt and curry, stir well and cook for 6 minutes on medium heat
- Add vegetable broth, Beyond Meat crumbles and collard greens
- Cook until greens are bright and soft and meat is fully cooked and liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat. Add cayenne pepper to taste and lemon juice.